hits counter

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Welcome to The Beginning...

Many thanks to the participants in the GTD and Paperless groups -- and other points unknown -- who have been encouraging me to blog about observations, lifehacks, and other random opinions. I haven't quite figured out whether they're encouraging this to get me to stop talking in discussion groups or expand on some of this stuff even more, but we'll soon find out.

I encourage you all to chime in with contradictions, agreements, more info, gripes, praise, and everything else. My plan is to let the comments go in a free-for-all, unless things get obscene, obnoxious, or spam-filled.

(Of course, I also plan to be an arbitrary dictator, changing course and rules with no notice to anyone, so, we'll see...)

Meanwhile, have fun. I hope we all enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

Joe Lerner said...

Kal, congratulations on the move to the blogosphere!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your ongoing battle against all things Luddite (grin). Please keep in mind that with my fountain pens and Moleskines, I am yet only a partial Luddite!

You've tempted me to look at One Note again. In my non-Luddite form I use Evernote a great deal for managing all the pieces of information I get from the web related to therapy, chaplaincy, and the million other things that interest me (a side effect of ADHD, this multi-interest stuff). I have found it is the best software for making an accurate clip from the net.

Wishing you all success in your blog,though I hope you will keep posting to the GTD group.

Daly

Discuss and learn about David Allen’s Getting Things Done:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Getting_Things_Done/

Kalnel said...

Hi Daly,

Thanks for checking out the blog and taking the time to post.

It's a constant battle between Luddites and Jabberwockys for me. Time will tell the outcome...

Glad to hear that OneNote piqued your interest. It's worth checking out again. I'm hoping to learn new tips and tricks about using it, so please share your thoughts.

Meanwhile, I'll definitely be posting to the GTD group in the future. You're an ongoing inspiration on this stuff!

Thanks,
kal