hits counter

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Metro search = Traveling light

metroAccording to today's Washington Post, security officers on the city's subway system, Metro, are beginning immediate random searches of backpacks, purses, and bags. Metro officials say that next week's election and the upcoming inauguration are prompting them to take additional security measures.

While it sounds like a major hassle and time-sink for many Metro riders, for those of us who are paperless, mobile, and a little organized, it should be no big deal. Armed with my PDA phone and a tiny key-chain wallet, I'm usually set for the day for meetings and visiting clients. With a few extra pockets in my coat, I can even avoid carrying a bag or briefcase completely, if need be.

This is a paperless time-saving advantage I'd never even contemplated before...

No comments: