hits counter

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

HD on Ice

I’ve written about hockey, attended hockey games,  but I’ve never been a big fan of watching hockey on TV.  Here in my native Washington, D.C., hockey doesn’t get much attention competing with Redskins football, Orioles (and now Nats) baseball, ACC basketball, Wizards basketball, and even Hopkins lacrosse.  (Go Blue Jays!)

But, now that I have HD TV, my priorities may be changing.  After watching the thrilling (and well-broadcast) NHL Winter Classic on New Year’s Day, I’ve caught several Caps games – and I feel a new obsession coming on.

Couldn’t come at a better time.  The Caps are off to their best season ever, and they have the best player in the NHL with Alexander Ovechkin. 

At this minute, they’re about to go into an overtime shootout with the Flyers.  Now that I can see the puck, maybe I’ll even be able to tell who won without checking online.

No comments: